Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Yesterday was my birthday. When I first started this blog I intended my first post to be about an incident involving Conjunctivitis and Holy Water. I assure you it was quite interesting, but you will not get to hear it now because of my intense procrastination. Suckers.
It seems now that I should post something about being alive another year, and how much I've grown and what has changed. Maybe even throw in some New Year's resolutions, since it is in fact a new year. Typically these are things you want to do to improve yourself, but I am feeling quite different about them.
You see, I am 27 this year. This may not seem that old to many people, and it is true that it really isn't, I am still young. Understand this though, I have NEVER been older than I am right now. On top of that, I am older than 100% of people younger than me. This is a frightening statistic. I am going to stop thinking about people younger than me right now, and focus on those that share my birthday. For this I used the website famousbirthdays.com, which gave me some more frightening information. Under my birthday the have listed Haley Bennett as a famous person who shares my birthday, but was born in 1988.
What bothers me is I don't know who this is, and after looking her up I still cannot believe that she deserves to be on a list of famous people. Also included is Millard Fillmore, former President of the United States. I believe that is a makes him worthy of the list. Also listed is Paul Revere...of course they list his birth year as 1938, so there seems to be some discrepancy there which is a little odd. I think that he may in fact be the leader of some band, and I am sure that if he is my father will tell me quite soon. I look forward to finding out.
Well, this was quite pointless. But I did manage to fill some space, and hey, look, I finally posted something. Woot(.com)

3 comments:

Dale Deur said...

Paul Revere, leader of Paul Revere and the Raiders. Excellent 60's band. Paul played a keyboard/organ that looked like the front of a car. The other Paul Revere would have been born much earlier.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too old son!! Think about me! Hope your Birthday was a good one. Mom

Jana said...

I like how you totally pegged Dad as able to bring up random mid-century band info.

Happy birthday, Brother Awesome.