Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Finally!

Since the week before my Christmas Break my computer has been acting...fishy. First I thought I could have received a virus. After weighing my options I decided that since I had the time I was going to wipe my hard drive, reinstall windows and go from there.

For about a week things seemed to be going well, but only a week. Then it started glitching again, not even running certain programs. I was not happy. I had only built this computer this past summer. and until this I had no problems. I tried many things, consulted with all my knowledgeable friends, and we all drew a blank. I decided that I needed to shut my computer down before some irreversible damage was done. I only started it to try some diagnostic programs and other fixers. Tonight I think I finally had a solid lead on my problem. Hallelujah.

And that's why I haven't posted in awhile. Sorry, I was dealing with a delicate situation. In other news, I have found out some...odd...news. I am going to try to avoid names where possible because I would rather this doesn't show up in any search engines. Basically, a T.V. show that comes in and fixes restaurants is coming to the restaurant that employs me.

Serious?

Saturday the producers for this show sat at one of my tables, with me only finding out who they were when they were finished. I suppose I should tell you that I really want nothing to do with the show. I am amused that it is coming to a place I work at, but I am really not looking for any 15 minutes of fame here. The producers seemed to think differently. When I next worked there my manager informed me that they inquired about me, and asked if I would be on the show.

Really.

Really?

Reeeaaalllly.

What is that about?

2 comments:

Dale Deur said...

So, Scott, it's OK if you are on this show, but if it's that a-hole Brit from Hell's Kitchen and he starts in on you, I'm taking him out. Not personally, you understand, but you live in the Chicago area, for heaven's sake - surely there are people who can handle that type of thing.
Just because I care about you.
See you this weekend.

Dale Deur said...

Oh, speaking of violence, do you want me to bring along seasons 4 & 5 of 24?